Healthy Christmas Tree-ts!
These low allergen cupcakes are the perfect plate for Christmas celebrations - they are delicious, and free from gluten and nuts. They can also be made vegan and dairy free!
You will need:
For the cake
- 1 x Summer Hill Pantry Jar - pick your favourite flavour!
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil (coconut oil, macadamia oil or organic butter work well)
- 2 eggs
For the icing
- 1 x Summer Hill Pantry Passionfruit with Green Spirulina Fruit Sparkle
- 125g butter (or coconut butter)
- 225g icing sugar (or low GI sugar, blitzed to a fine powder)
- 2 tablespoons of milk or coconut milk
- 1 x Summer Hill pantry Raspberry Sprinkles Jar
- Optional Summer Hill Pantry Passionfruit Sparkles for a little extra bling!
Make Summer Hill Pantry Wholefood Cake Mix Jar according to packet directions. Allow cupcakes to cool.
For the green icing, beat 125g room temperature butter or coconut butter for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Gradually add 225g icing sugar (we substituted finely ground Low GI raw sugar). Once combined add 2 tablespoons of milk (or coconut milk) and beat until smooth.
Place 2 teaspoons of Green Fruit Sparkles in a small bowl or cup. Add 1/4 teaspoon of water and mix into a paste, adding more water drop by drop as needed. Transfer the green paste into the icing and stir to combine. Repeat if a deeper green colour is desired.